November 4-6, 2016
Compass Lake in the Hills, 645 Compass Lake Drive, Alford, FL 32420
Our borders are being ravaged by raiders!
After a short peace the clash of steel is once again heard at our borders. Don your armor, make haste to join us. The Shire of Flintmarsh and the Barony of Oldenfeld bring you a weekend of fighting, and more fighting. The battles will be many and varied with promises of new thrills. With enough participation we will have siege competitions! So be sure to bring ALL of your toys. You just might need them!!!
Friends in Peace! Friends in Battle!
THL Katharina von Rabensburg
Baron Andreas von Wolfsburg
2811 Miltonia Ave.
Marianna, FL 32448
Lord Cianán Carmichael
2607 West Linda Lane
Dothan, AL 36303
No calls after 9:00 CST
Activities to be announced. Besides various battle scenarios, we will offer several archery tournaments including a novelty shoot. Rapier activities are also planned, including a tournament.Bring your siege engines!!!
A siege engine marshal will be on site
For the non-fighters we will have the gaming tavern set up. There will be no structured classes, but there will be ongoing activities and demonstrations. Impromptu classes may be arranged
Pets are permitted on site, but not in the cabins.
Camping is permitted – no ground fires, please.
There is limited cabin space available for an additional $65.00 per night. They sleep 6 people – Please contact Reservationcrat for availability.
The cabins are comparable with motel rooms. They are heated and air-conditioned and have a kitchenette as well as a bathroom with shower. They are furnished with two double beds and there is room for one, maybe two cots.
There are a few RV sites with electric and water hookups available for $10.00 per night. They would also be ideal for large group or household camps.
Both cabin and RV sites are very limited and are available on a first come-first served basis. Early reservation is suggested.
The site is wet, but please practice moderation.
Travellers fare will be provided on Friday and breakfast will be provided on Saturday
A fundraiser lunch will be available on Saturday
There is no feast, but House Excelsior will host their cook-out again. All are invited!
There will also be grills if you would like to cook your own
- Friendly Kitchen in Fountain (small, unknown hours) – 10 miles south
- Hardees, Subway, McDonalds, Chester’s Chicken – 8 miles north at I-10
- Pizza in Cottondale (mom & pop) – 15 miles north
- Many in Chipley – 25 miles west, and Marianna – 20 miles east
- There is also a restaurant on-site.This restaurant will be by reservation only!
- 2 in Fountain – 10 miles south
- 1 at 20/231 intersection (also Hardees) – 15 miles south
- 1 in Alford – 4 miles north
- 3 at I-10 intersection – 8 miles north
- 3 in Cottondale – 15 miles north
- $25.oo weekend
- $20.00 daytrip
- Children 17and under free
membership discount $5.00
Make checks payable to SCA, Inc. – Shire of Flintmarsh
No checks accepted at door.
Site opens at 5:00 pm on Friday and closes at 11:00 am on Sunday.
From the north:
- Take Hwy 231 South approximately 8.5miles past the I-10 intersection, turn Left onto Lake Point Road and go approximately 2 miles. You will see a white fence and the entrance sign to Compass Lake in the Hills. Turn left onto Compass Lake Drive and go about 200 yards. The lodge is on your right with parking in front.
From the east or west:
- Take I-10 to exit 130, go south on Hwy 231, follow directions above.